Thursday, November 7, 2013

Project Life: August 5-11 using only Cut & Paste mini kit

I'll be completely honest. One of the things I love (and my wallet hates) about this hobby is all the lovely things there are to buy. It's so easy to go a little crazy when in your head you can justify every pretty little thing. Every piece of paper, sticker, or embellishment has so many possibilities. So, when the Project Life mini kits by Amy Tangerine, Maggie Holmes and Dear Lizzy came out, I bought them all. I may have bought two sets of the Dear Lizzy and Amy Tangerine ones. :p

I wanted to try something different for this week.I've been using different cards from different collections and manufacturers in my spreads. I wanted to try to use just one collection and for this week I chose the Amy Tangerine Cut & Paste Edition of Project Life. I like how it turned out. Using one kit saved me time too, since I wasn't flipping through all the hundreds of cards I have.

Another thing I tried is to print directly onto my journaling cards.I wanted to include the QR code and the map of my walk but was having a hard time figuring out how I would add them. It was actually very easy. I also love that it reduces the bulk by not having to add extra layers.


Documented: Gorgeous sunset./ Went over to my friend's house twice this week with intentions of exercising and ended up just laying about the house ( ~ . ~ ). Blurred image of her sleeping out of respect and love :).   I love using QR codes to add little videos of special moments. / Hobby Lobby opened up near my house. / Went to court just for it to be rescheduled again. / Spontaneous 7 mile walk fiasco.


Documented: Quick family trip to Reno for Hot August Nights. We didn't really participate in the festivities like the car show since we were so tired. We rested for most of it, but went out later to gamble. Wrote about some of the new penny games that we liked. Stopped at Cabela's before going home, so my boyfriend could take a look. It was huge. My favorite memory was when my mom realized that she left her right shoe in Reno. LOL. It must have slipped off her foot when getting in the car and she was too distracted to notice.



2 comments :